We are looking for dynamic and results-driven Content Acquisition Specialists to join our international commissioning experts team.
These roles oversee the strategic acquisition of content, build a strong pipeline of ideas and ongoing projects, and foster collaborations with Editors, Publishers, internal and external stakeholders, and the research community.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of specific subject areas and the research landscape and a demonstrated ability to expand into multi-disciplinary projects.
How you will make an impact:
- Driving strategic content acquisition, including identifying and cultivating ideas and ongoing projects that align with our objectives.
- Maintain meticulous attention to detail and quality, ensuring the excellence of acquired content and projects, embracing a proactive and results-driven mindset, and continuously refining content acquisition strategies for maximum impact.
- Utilize analytical skills and data-driven insights to inform decision-making, with proficiency in tools like Excel. Gather intel and provide data analysis required to solicit special content ideas.
- Build and nurture relationships within research communities across several subject areas, leveraging networking skills to foster engagement and collaboration.
- Initiate and oversee multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating strong organisational and prioritization abilities.
- Represent the company and journal portfolio by attending conferences, workshops, and events (online or in-person in your region) to engage with the research community.
We are looking for people who are/have:
- Preferably have a higher degree (PhD/MSc) in a relevant field, particularly physical sciences, engineering, life sciences, and health sciences is strongly preferred
- Minimum 3-year work experience in STM publishing with extensive experience in commissioning work or an extensive network in the research community
- Possess strong analytical skills and experience making data-driven decisions
- Are skilled at networking with an ability to build relationships within research communities, persuasion and influencing skills
- Are detail-oriented and results-driven and have strong organisational and prioritization skills to initiate and track multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Are willing to travel, especially domestically