What does the job function entail?
- This position is only available for people authorized to work in the US (East Coast, remote) or the Netherlands (hybrid)
- Native English speakers only (US English preferred)
- B2B & tech writing experience essential
- Your cover letter is important for this role
- Looking for people with experience with B2B & tech content strategy / content calendar + SEO + writing experience
Firely’s marketing team is a small and ambitious team with a broad – typical B2B – marketing responsibility that ranges from inspiring the world with educational health technology copy to generating leads for our sales team.
Content plays a crucial role in our strategy: it strengthens our thought leadership and brand awareness, attracts traffic to our website, creates valuable interactions with our prospects and customers, and supports sales throughout the sales funnel.
As a content marketer, you will be in charge of all this content! Your role is both strategic as well as operational. Do you enjoy writing great copy just as much as creating a content plan based on the buyer journey? Keep reading, because this job might just be what you are looking for.
This is what you will be doing:
- Defining our content calendar. Based on our company goals, you will define our content strategy & calendar. Keeping an eye on our SEO performance and ranking is just one of the important inputs for that. As is the input from our sales colleagues.
- Managing our content. Creating new content is always the obvious thing to do. However, it’s equally important to think about how we can repurpose existing content and how to maintain what’s already out there.
- Increasing SEO performance. You will keep track of our SEO performance and initiate whatever is needed to improve this.
- Writing. You don’t only manage content, you also create it. You collaborate with the other marketing team members to create short copy for social media, (online) advertisements, campaign emails, and newsletters. And you’re not afraid to write a blog post once in a while.
- Managing external copywriters when it gets to writing long copy. Depending on your own expertise and preferences, you can either write the longer copy yourself or have it done by an external copywriter. In that case, you create a briefing and collaborate with the copywriter.
Who are we looking for
Our industry is complex, our goals are ambitious and our responsibilities are broad. So you won’t hear us say it’s an easy job. But if you’re up for a challenge, if you like to make contribute to the evolution of healthcare technology and if you’re ready to experiment and learn together with us, we are looking for you!
Requirements for the job:
- Native English speaker (US English).
- Excellent copywriting skills, with a focus on short copy but the ability to produce longer-form copy as well.
- Your tone of voice is casual, engaging, knowledgeable, fun and a little bit nerdy.
- Experience with defining a content strategy and content calendar.
- Knowledgeable in SEO.
- Independent when it comes to your own tasks, capable of working in a group when necessary
- Curious and smart. You are keen to understand the pains of our prospects and how Firely’s solutions can contribute to solving them.
- Familiar with WordPress, Hubspot and Google Search Console.
- Background in tech or software industry.
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector is a plus
- Located close enough to Amsterdam to visit the Firely office at least once a week. Or based in the US (East Coast).
What we offer:
- An ambitious marketing plan offering you plenty of opportunities to create true value with great content
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative movement within healthcare technology
- An important role in an informal company where curiosity and innovation are encouraged
- A 1-year contract to start with and the intention to turn this into a permanent contract after the first year.
- A bunch of friendly colleagues with a shared goal of applying technology for the good of healthcare
- A cozy office close to Amsterdam Central Station
- Flexible hours and the option to work remote