The Communications Manager at Barter Theatre serves as the lead copywriter and project manager for the Marketing department. The ideal candidate will be an organized, focused self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Objectives of this role:
- Provide strong project management for marketing projects and initiatives.
- Serve as the lead copywriter for the Marketing department and provide writing and editing assistance to other departments.
- Manage interdepartmental campaigns and initiatives while ensuring cross-communication between all stakeholders.
- Assist in ensuring a strong, clear, consistent voice for all Barter communications, whether they be internal or external, traditional or digital marketing, or advancement.
- Copywriting for advertising and print materials.
- Writing press releases, media invites, and compiling press packets for media outlets and journalists.
- Maintaining press/media contact databases and coordinating interviews.
- Maintaining a detailed calendar of marketing events and deadlines within Asana (Task Management Software).
- Coordinating print materials and paid advertisements.
- Cross-training on Prospect 2 (Barter’s email automation system) in order to support email campaigns cross-departmentally.
- Proofreading and copyediting support for other Barter Theatre departments.
- Updating the company Google Calendar when new meetings, trainings, and info sessions are scheduled for the Marketing Team.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to maintain on-demand coverage of all company communications.
- 2-3 years of marketing and/or copywriting experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and successfully meet deadlines.
- Proficient in both Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite.
- A desire to learn new systems and work collaboratively.
Salary: Starting salary of $35,000, plus a robust benefits package including health, vision, dental, and a 401(k) with company match.
How to Apply:
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected].