As the Marketing, Communications Specialist, you will collaborate with senior executives to develop comprehensive communications plans, encompassing message development, execution, and various digital and print formats.
You will work closely with different hospital, clinical, and operational departments to convey DUHS’ business objectives, culture, and values through various communication tools. This role requires the establishment of best practices and resources for internal communications messaging and channels.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Clinical Operations Communications, you will also contribute to team member engagement and ensure consistent, high-quality communications across various channels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop departmental and company-wide communications plans in collaboration with senior executives.
- Translate organizational priorities and departmental goals into various digital and print communications formats.
- Plan and execute onsite and virtual team member events and communications activities.
- Partner with hospital, clinical, and operational departments to develop communication tools.
- Establish best practices and resources for internal communications messaging and channels.
- Serve on committees and attend professional meetings to gather content for DUHS’ story.
- Review and proof materials for copy editing and adherence to corporate branding and style standards.
- Write, edit, review, and enhance internal communication materials, including presentations, newsletters, video scripts, talking points, and materials for different audiences.
- Develop content for various traditional and digital media, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Collaborate with other communications colleagues and stakeholders for an integrated approach.
- Develop communication materials proactively and upon request, identifying gaps and proposing solutions.
- Contribute to team member engagement through internal communications programs.
- Plan and implement weekly updates, monthly publications, event support, and more.
- Collaborate with departments to capture and reflect priorities.
- Research and recommend activities, modes, and mediums to improve communication.
- Work closely with management to meet strategic objectives and project goals.
- Provide project updates and progress reports for all assigned projects.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Experience: Three years of experience in internal, corporate communications, integrated communications, content marketing, PR, or content creation.
- Effective writing style with expertise in simplifying concepts and messages.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Passion for working in an organization that values diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to translate business strategies into written communication.
- Proficiency in leveraging digital and traditional internal channels.
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Design Suite is required.
- Knowledge or experience in healthcare is desired.
- Second language proficiency is a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business, or related field.
- Experience: Two years of directly related experience.
- Strong writing skills with an understanding of websites, social media tools, and other technologies.
- Proficiency in communication (written and verbal).