We have an opening for a Content Coordinator in our Corporate Communications Department located at our corporate headquarters in Flowood, MS.
As a critical member of the Corporate Communications team, the Content Coordinator is responsible for developing internal communications and marketing materials for the Ergon companies.
The Content Coordinator must be able to seamlessly transition between long- and short-form content including social media, press releases, corporate emails, Intranet updates, creative advertising copy, web content, emails and many other forms of communication.
:Journalistic-style writing” and interview skills are also a necessity, as the Content Coordinator must interview and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to produce industry-relevant articles and advertorials.
Content Coordinator Qualifications
- A degree in English, communications, marketing or related field and a minimum of three years’ experience writing content for an agency, communications department, freelance clients or publications.
- Ability to see needs to initiate solutions
- Ability to size up marketing needs and own development of the assets needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and attentive listening skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals, deadlines and objectives, and strong problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently as well as team environments, often under tight deadline situations with diverse personalities
Content Coordinator Responsibilities
The Content Coordinator must be familiar with content marketing strategies and have a desire to create high-quality work. An understanding of Business-to-Business writing is essential and experience with Content Management Systems such as WordPress is preferred.
- Research and create content for a wide range of communications including two in-house magazines and a newspaper, websites, newsletters, marketing collateral, press releases, company-wide communications, blogs, creative briefs, industry articles, success stories, etc.
- Edit and proofread all written communications
- Stay up to date on current content and advertising trends and strategies
- Work with the Ergon Communications team to produce quality assets and maintain brand standards Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. A clean MVR is required. Ergon offers a competitive benefits package: 401(k) matching, Health, Life, Dental, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, Tuition Assistance and Profit Sharing Ergon is an EEO\/AAP Employer. Job Reference: Content Coordinator