We are looking for an Associate Content Editor to join our team. You will be responsible for analyzing, creating, and delivering content that enhances the research value to customers, within content, product, and master policy guidelines.
You will also be responsible for the enrichment and curation of high-quality content sets. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, then we would love to talk to you!
About You – Experience, Education, Skills, And Accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in library sciences, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science or related field; OR equivalent work experience
- 1 + years of experience working with aggregated content (in all holdings formats) including and understanding of rights and implications for distribution
- 1 + years of experience working in a complicated technical environment
It would be great if you also had…
- Experience working on projects or work tasks with competing business priorities with ability to consistently follow through on commitments against aggressive schedules
- Ability to maintain, create or contribute to appropriate written documentation such as problem statements, business requirements, functional specifications, and project support documentation
- Excellent researching and problem solving and troubleshooting skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile, and order data.
- Experience using search queries to do topical research.
- Ability to negotiate alternative approaches, make decisions and positively influence others
- Ability to understand the function of logical data sets and rational database structures
- Proficiency using Teams, Adobe, Power Point, Word and Excel
- Understanding of serials cataloging standards, understanding of controlled vocabularies, thesauri, taxonomies, and metadata enhancement
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a scrum development environment
What will you be doing in this role?
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding content inconsistencies and issues
- Take ownership for productive and timely customer and vendor communications
- Set up content sets for new customers/partners according to distribution rights and contract stipulations
- Assure the timely delivery of content against self-established or externally driven delivery dates
- Provide direction to internal technical and product staff to fill contractual obligations
- Interact with technical tools to set up and sustain content distribution to customers and partners
- Monitor automated processes and report anomalies and issues
- Support continuous improvement of processes and systems across the organization
- Adapt processes and procedures to meet changing business requirements and customer expectations
- Proactively identifies procedural and systematic issues and implement changes that will support business goals
- Contribute to financial and data set discussions with the business to facilitate their efforts to pursue new content partners
- Provide input and direction on department Content Quality Assurance work as assigned