Televisa Univision at Univision Chicago is looking for a Multi-Platform Content Lead to join our team!
Univision Chicago is looking to add a dynamic and creative Multiplatform Content Lead.
This position will be the leader in the identification and implementation of multiplatform strategy with a focus on video as well as act as the subject matter expert on streaming, social, digital and news content audience growth strategies – either in their infancy, planning or in the execution stages.
The Multiplatform Content Lead will be embedded within our Newsroom and work directly with the VP News Director and other staff to create, optimize, distribute content in all of Univision Chicago Platforms, with the ultimate view of growing audience.
The right candidate will be willing to take innovative creative risks, and understand the value of deep impact, of video, streaming and enterprise content. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passionate fearless leader approach. Candidate should be able to effectively plan an all-platform strategy, while still being able to coordinate platform specific content for breaking news, severe weather, and large event coverage as well as special projects news and non-news related.
- Responsible for writing, editing video and creating original enterprise content.
- Responsible for handling livestreams and original content on our streaming platforms app, website, social media, and OTT.
- Repurposes existing content and may create new content. Creates, edits, publishes, and manages a full range of content.
- Creates content that is aligned with and enhances station brand; may create new content.
- Demonstrates results for the application of innovative and creative approaches to drive audience loyalty especially as it relates to video.
- Work very closely/leading the assignment desk to make sure we are covering the most relevant stories.
- Assign Specific Content for Specific Platform to Reporters.
- Identify needs and angles for specific platforms and streaming.
- Talk to Reporters/Story on development and story execution, elements and help develop as a team material from TV that can be use in a creative nontraditional way that resonates on all platforms.
- Work with the news leadership team on the overall editorial vision for the day coverage in all platforms, including linear.
- Map out Daily Content for Platforms and future planning calendar
- Coordinate with Anchor/Reporters, Video/Sound/Streaming (Streaming emphasis)
- Provide suggestions for expanded storytelling and/or bonus content that best serves audiences on all distribution platforms.
- Ensure the appropriate linear and digital/streaming platforms are updated with breaking news.
- Delivers compelling content using current production and web-delivery tools.
- Understand and communicate performance data to make strategic decisions on content development.
- Identifies news stories of the day and plans coverage that is platform specific (streaming, social media, website, and mobile apps
- Experiment with new formats for streaming
- Creates and curates the best-in-class multiplatform content.
- Adapts and creates content multiplatform promotions.
- Engage with the audience by connecting to social conversations.
- Ability to write and edit articles and write headlines.
- Update and track social media account(s)
- Write metadata for video clips.
- Update and track editorial side of You Tube page.
- Maintain Multiplatform content calendar containing priority events, initiatives, and opportunities.
- BS/BA Degree in Media, Communications or Marketing
- Proficiency in SEO, SEM, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite (Preferred)
- Video editing experience, especially knowledge of shorts, reels and social media videos that can be useful short and viral.
- Understanding of digital media content and audience growth
- Understanding newsroom dynamics, a must.
- Creative and innovative
- Willing to learn new technologies to enhance all platforms.
- Bilingual with the ability to write in English and Spanish
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
- Candidate must be flexible and willing to work varied schedules, including weekends and holidays.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in managing and posting on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and other Social Media Platforms. Knowledge of content that tailors to each platform.
- Experience in Media; Broadcast environment a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities.
- Solid news judgment
- Ensure flawless execution.
- Proven knowledge and strong tactical training/skills
- Audience growth oriented
- Experience working in team environments.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task
- High energy, self-motivated professional
- Solid news judgment and innovative storytelling