WESH, the NBC affiliate in Orlando, FL is looking for an experienced multi-platform journalist to build our station’s digital strategy.
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for overall management and direction for all digital content efforts of our website and social media efforts along with developing strategies on emerging platforms. The Digital Content Manager serves as a member of the newsroom management team, reporting to the News Director, and spearheads the creation of unique, interesting and dynamic content for all digital platforms
- Manage online content and operations. This includes selecting and writing material for all of our digital platforms.
- Develop and guide execution of strategies to meet digital goals.
- Creatively develop unique content, event coverage and project ideas for all digital platforms.
- Bring urgency, immediacy and real-time strategies to breaking news coverage.
- You will work with the digital editors, news crews and producers coordinating and producing content for digital platforms and television.
- Be an active leader and digital advocate in daily editorial meetings and other meetings with station management.
- Coordinate training of all newsroom staff to maximize contributions to all digital platforms.
- The ideal candidate will be a fantastic coach and mentor who frequently shares best practices around digital content production and consistent feedback to everyone in the newsroom.
- Create digital projects involving news, sales and creative services departments aimed at creating revenue-generating content and projects.
- Interface with the corporate digital team and other Hearst TV stations on implementation and sharing of best practices.
- Have a great eye for videos with viral potential for all station digital platforms.
- Communicate important metrics concerning digital growth and trends to internal stakeholders.
- Experience with digital content management
- Equivalent military experience will be considered.
- Must have a working knowledge of digital technology.
- Familiarity with digital analytics
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to calmly handle breaking news situations.
- In-person attendance required
Hearst’s benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
- Medical | Dental | Vision
- 401(k) matching
- Emotional Wellness Support
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- LGBTQ+ Health Services
- Additional benefits to meet your and your family’s needs.