The City University of New York
The Web Content Manager in the Office of Institutional Advancement and Communications will support GC web and digital initiatives through supervision of web content requests and managing content management system trainings.
Through working closely with the GC community, the Web Content Manager will more fully understand the needs of our programs, departments, and website visitors in order to help guide the evolution of our websites.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Media. All full-time and part-time CUNY staff are expected to work in-person at their campus office 70% of their work time.
For full-time staff, this is equivalent to 7 out of 10 days of in-person work in a two-week period (e.g., 7 days in-person, 3 days remote). This hybrid work schedule is subject to change.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Web Content Requests: responsible for ensuring requests from internal clients to update web content, create and/or modify structured content, and other website changes are appropriately handled in a timely and thorough manner.
- Training: manages the training of new and existing CMS users, including creating a sense of community amongst users, communicating regular updates, creating and updating documentation, and reaching out to users who are having issues with the CMS.
- Accessibility: remediates web, PDF, and other content for our website and digital properties.
- Reviews content for quality, accuracy, timeliness, as well as web usability, accessibility, effectiveness, SEO, and that it meets our brand guidelines.
- Helps guide development needs: through working closely with our users, understanding where there is room for improvement on our websites and helping to determine how to address those needs.
- Helps review and test development updates.
- Other digital projects as assigned: related website and digital projects, such as working on website migrations, building new program/department pages, compiling analytics, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned which are reasonably within the scope of this job classification.
Bachelor’s degree and six years’ related experience required.
A Preferred Candidate Should Have
- Proficient in Drupal and WordPress.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS.
- Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Experience with SEO.
- Understanding of back-end of websites.
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as Jira and Redmine.
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks and projects.
Manages electronic, online and multi-media communications, providing editorial, technical and production expertise.
- Consults with client staff to assess needs and determine design and technical specifications
- Plans communications messages, formats, and designs which meet clients’ needs and have impact with the intended audience(s)
- Coordinates the efforts of internal and external professionals to implement and disseminate electronic media projects
- Creates and maintains databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects
- Develops production policies and standards and adheres to communications and branding standards
- Supervises staff as needed
- Performs related duties as assigned.