Wizards of the Coast
The Content Manager, Trade Marketing is a critical role helping the Wizards Play Network curate compelling communications, content delivery, and website strategy for our customers.
A typical day will include leading a team of content creators and designers, developing and executing a vision for the WPN B2B website, and concepting, assigning, and editing content for the site (WPN.Wizards.com). Other duties may include developing or collaborating with play studios on trade communications, developing copy for our ecommerce product listings, and cross-functional coordination of content. On occasion, you may also pitch in to write content.
Other duties will include:
- Develop, coach, and mentor 5 team members.
- Help set the stage for how we evolve our content delivery, communicate with our customers, and create a better user experience on the WPN website.
- Develop and implement a content strategy for our B2B website that aligns with business goals, target audience, and industry trends to enhance the user experience.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to research, recommend, execute, and track performance on content and user experience improvement opportunities.
- Maintain a calendar of content delivery and ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Create campaign or retail experience-specific communication tactics, in collaboration with Trade Marketing Manager and our Content Specialist team.
- Develop WPN.Wizards.com product listings, in collaboration with play studios and the e-commerce team.
- Collaborate with consumer-facing communications team leads, advocating for retailer & distribution needs in identifying announcement and messaging dates.
- Connect with global team leads to ensure they are informed of upcoming communications and that content is delivering on global strategic needs.
- Analyze analytics and develop new content strategies based on data insights.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 2 years of experience in a content management role or similar role.
- Knowledge of B2B marketing communications, team leadership experience, and proficiency in using CMS tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field.
- Ability to develop and lead a team through change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an expert desire for detail and grammar.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, help your team prioritize key tasks, and focus on the work that matters most.
- Experience managing a content calendar.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners and find solutions.
- Ability to take on projects with a self-starter attitude.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks (self and through others).
- Familiarity with CMS platform publishing (Contentful).
- Familiarity using project management tools (Jira, SmartSheets, Asana).
- Knowledge of Magic: The Gathering.