The Sponsored Content Marketer is a W2, contract position which sources and creates engaging, impactful social media posts and associated copy for sponsored campaigns across all five Blavity brands.
In collaboration with the creative and video teams, you will coordinate the editing of the social copy that will go in tandem with social assets.
Additionally, you will partner with the Manager of Branded Production to ensure all client and brand requirements are met and up to standard, including deadlines and quality of work.
The ideal candidate has experience working with branded marketing and/or branded copywriting, and has published content across all social channels. Additionally, you have dabbled in graphic design.
This role will report directly to the Manager of Branded Production, Editorial & Social. Contracted workers will be responsible for providing their own equipment, including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, or any other electronic equipment required to perform their role
- Draft engaging and authentic copy for sponsored social media (IG,FB,Twitter.)
- Ensure content meets established client requirements and brand safety guidelines.
- Ensure content meets Blavity brand guidelines and requirements, and is consistent with our voice, style and tone.
- Create content to support social media optimization goals.
- Leverage the Blavity content management review process prior to finalizing and posting content.
- Expert knowledge of posting sponsored content on all social media channels, i.e. handshake agreements process, etc.
- Work with content managers and editors to execute edits and changes quickly.
- Manage all content copy and posting requests using Asana project management platform.
- Manage posting schedules across all social platforms for sponsored content using Sprout Social.
- Schedule and post all required content according to the agreed upon schedule.
- Collect and report engagement and performance data of Blavity social media posts and newsletters, as requested.
- Coordinate with the design team for creative asset handoffs for social and newsletter platforms, as needed.
- Coordinate with the editorial team as needed to complete content marketing responsibilities.
- Submit cross-promotion requests to other Blavity content marketers, as needed.
- Education: Preferred BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Required Experience: 2-3 years of experience in a similar digital content marketing role.
- Technologies: Sprout Social, Asana
- Additional Qualifications:
- Copywriting mindset focused on engaging audiences to inspire them to act on the desired call to action.
- Creative mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Ability to collect and understand marketing performance data.
- Organized and detail-oriented project management style.
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
- This is a fully remote role, U.S.- based role. Occasional travel may be required.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Candidates must be available to work in alignment with the Pacific Time Zone.
- The hourly rate for this role is $25 – $30.