Adventures In Good Company
Job Title: Content Marketing Manager
Job Site: Hybrid, WFH (preference for applicants in Northern Colorado or those with the ability to relocate)
Reports to: Marketing Director
Salary: $50,000-65,000 year, DOE
Employment Term: Full-time, exempt
Employment Start: October 2023
At Adventures in Good Company, we work together to provide the best in small-group active travel. We offer unique experiences around the globe that provide meaningful connections for women to the natural world, ourselves and each other. Every team member plays an important role in providing the best experience possible for our community and we are seeking a creative and goal-oriented individual to join our team.
The Content Marketing Manager is a highly motivated individual that will be responsible for developing and executing content marketing strategies that drive brand awareness, engage our target audience, and support lead-generation efforts. The Content Marketing Manager will play a critical role in shaping our brand identity, creating compelling content across various channels, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve marketing goals. They will help inspire our community and grow customer lifetime value. This is a full-time position that reports to the Marketing Director.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds that share our passion and our commitment to creating a remarkable customer experience and caring community. We invite all interested applicants to describe to us how they will be a great fit for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive content marketing strategy that aligns with the company’s overall marketing and business objectives.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar to ensure consistent, high-quality content production across different platforms, including blogs, social media, emails, website, and other marketing materials.
- Produce and edit engaging content, including blog posts, videos, infographics, and more, tailored to our target audiences.
- Digital asset management of creative and marketing materials, such as images, video, word documents, PDFs, graphics, and design files.
- Conduct thorough keyword research and optimize web content for search engine visibility to increase organic traffic and improve search rankings.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, subject matter experts, and external partners to gather insights and create content that resonates with our audience and drives engagement.
- Monitor content performance and use data-driven insights to refine strategies and improve the effectiveness of content marketing efforts.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to maintain a competitive edge and continuously improve content marketing initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate the work of freelance writers, designers, and other content contributors as needed.
- Ensure all content adheres to brand guidelines, maintains consistent messaging, and upholds the company’s tone and voice in a respectful and authentic way.
- Collaborate with key staff to help develop and manage the annual marketing plan, defining priorities for all digital platforms, and ensuring an integrated approach that is in alignment with AGC’s communication and program priorities
- Oversee our public-facing customer engagement style, serving as the primary representative and front-line voice of our brand within our digital communities
- Identify and help create value-added content and resources that will enrich the client journey, such as ebooks and infographics
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This role requires a combination of marketing and communications experience. Specifically, this role requires:
- BA/BS in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field, or equivalent working experience. A master’s degree is a plus, though not required
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in content marketing, with a track record of creating and executing successful content strategies that drive business results across multiple channels.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail and a knack for storytelling, preferably with a portfolio in the travel industry.
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and experience with content optimization for search engines.
- Proficiency in using content management systems, analytics tools, and marketing automation platforms.
- Design experience utilizing Adobe CS, Canva, and other tools to create and manipulate graphics to support communication efforts is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and CRM systems, such as HubSpot is a plus
- Travel and outdoor skills, knowledge, experience, and interest a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with excellent initiative and follow through
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines when working remotely.
- A creative mindset, staying ahead of content marketing trends, and bringing innovative ideas to the table.
- Strong analytical skills to measure and interpret data across marketing channels to make informed decisions about increasing online community growth and engagement.
- Previous experience in managing a team or working with external contributors is beneficial.
- Sincere commitment to working collaboratively and leading by example