Boston Planning & Development Agency
Under the direction of the Senior Web Content Manager, you will play a significant role in the overall content strategy for the Boston Planning and Development Agency’s (BPDA) website.
Every day our passionate team works to build a better Boston through planning, urban design, development review, and employment and workforce development opportunities. We are committed to informing and engaging Boston residents, visitors, business leaders, and others about what’s happening, and how they can become an active participant in our city’s growth. The Web Content Specialist will protect the overall consistency of the user experience and coordinate content for the website.
General Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with communications and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout.
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency.
- Optimize content according to Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Assist the Senior Web Content Manager with formulating a cross-platform content strategy.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users’ engagement metrics.
- Assist with maintenance of email marketing list and help Communications staff with connections between website Content Management System (CMS), and other platforms.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements (e.g., copyright and data protection)
- 2+ years experience as a Content Manager
- Hands on experience with Content Management System (CMS)
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms.
- Degree in related field preferred