The website communications specialist will creatively optimize the content and structure of the school’s website to promote the goals and mission of both TUSM overall, and student recruitment initiatives specifically.
This is a hands-on role in which the successful candidate will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and maintaining engaging web pages and maximizing performance and SEO. They will manage third party vendors and systems and collaborate with Tufts Technology Services (TTS).
They will have the opportunity to lay the groundwork for this new position by acting as a website expert within the school, advising on best practice and data-based methods of website improvement.
The website communications specialist will regularly lead school-wide learning opportunities for faculty and staff, empowering internal stakeholders to better understand and use their website and pages.
The ideal candidate will innovate within the bounds of best practice and take pride in curating meaningful relationships. This is a hybrid position requiring 1-2 days in the office, located in the Chinatown neighborhood of Boston.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience in a professional environment
- 2-4 years of website management experience
- Strong foundation in the fundamentals and current best practices of SEO
- Strong time and project management skills
- Ability to work remotely as part of a team
- Ability to serve multiple client groups
- Knowledge of website user experience principles
- Experience managing digital analytics and reporting software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work enthusiastically and professionally with students, faculty, and staff
- Degree or certificate in web development, design or computer science
- SQL fluency
- Higher education experience
- Experience with Drupal website management system
- Editorial experience
- Graphic design and image
Minimum $57,900.00, Midpoint $72,450.00, Maximum $87,000.00