Ulster BOCES is seeking an experienced, organized, and highly responsive Content Specialist in Math to promote excellence in teaching and success in learning for an anticipated position.
The successful candidate will possess strong oral and written communication skills and have knowledge and experience with professional development and coaching reading. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate successful presentation, organizational and time management skills. Current position is full time.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills in building relationships
- Highly reflective
- Enthusiastic about learning
- Enjoys working with the adult learner
- Flexible with change
- Responsive to districts’ needs
- Team player and collaborator with colleagues
Ulster BOCES offers regionally competitive salary and benefits (see the Ulster BOCES Teachers’ Organization contract at https://www.ulsterboces.org/faq-links/employment-contracts for details).
The teaching certificate requirements can be found at the following link
To be legally employed in this position, you must possess a valid NYS teaching certificate.
- Provide in-district guidance and support for Ulster County teachers and administrators
- Collect and disseminate research findings and promote research in best practices in K-12 Math
- Support the successful implementation of the NYS Common Core Learning Standards for Math, Science, and Technical Subjects in-district and regionally
- Provide professional development and coaching in classroom pedagogy, data-driven instruction, current exemplary evidence-based teaching practice in reading and writing, and other topics as required.
- Work with Ulster BOCES programs and schools to promote successful math practice in classrooms grades K-12.
- Multi-task multiple projects
Varies, depending on the district assigned each day. See Article 13.2(A)(4) of the Ulster BOCES Teachers’ Organization contract at https://www.ulsterboces.org/faq-links/employment-contracts for details.
- NYS Teacher Certification in Math (Grades 5-12)
- A minimum of 5 years as a Math Teacher or Elementary Teacher
- Experience as a Math Coach preferred