Texas Association of Counties
Assists Business Systems team with administrative and operational duties including documentation, file and content management, preparation and distribution of communication and presentation deliverables, website content maintenance, and special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with organization, production and editing of HBS communications and web content, including content development and design. Assist with development, production and distribution of HBS, Pool and Fund program materials, including forms, marketing materials, benefits guides, booklets and summaries, and materials required to implement new products or services.
- Assist with the coordination and distribution of HBS communications efforts for the Pool and the Fund, including health plan renewal process; ACA file processing, reporting review, and member communications; production of contact/mailing lists for Pool communications; and special projects as assigned.
- Maintain and update content and design materials for HBS responses to Pool member and potential member proposals and quotes, including development and maintenance of supporting documents and formal response database. Assist with production of proposal and quotes responses and quality control review.
- Work with HBS staff and TAC Communications Department to ensure that HBS distributed Pool and Fund communications materials are updated and comply with TAC branding and style guidelines.
- Develop and maintain understanding of current Pool coverage and programs, health care contracts, financial reports and laws applicable to the Pool’s coverages, including COBRA, HIPAA and Medicare, and Fund operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in health, business, insurance or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a business administrative support role required; employee benefits or health insurance experience preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Position requires effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Position requires mental flexibility; ability and willingness to function effectively as part of a team; initiative to seek information needed to perform job duties; a high capacity for learning; and a continuous effort to seek process improvements.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and the ability to complete multi-step work procedures.
- Must be highly proficient in use of personal computers; Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Professional and virtual meeting platforms including Microsoft Teams and Webex preferred.
- General knowledge of multiple communication media is required, including mass mailings, emails, and webinars.
- Knowledge of employee benefit programs and procedures is preferred.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism in representing TAC, the Fund, and the Pool when in contact with members and TAC staff.
- Must function independently with minimal supervision.
- Requires excellent time management and organizational skills.