Progress Residential is seeking a Content Specialist who demonstrates exceptional copy writing skills along with a passion for brand storytelling across multiple channels.
This position will have the opportunity to impact change while contributing to our industry-leading content generation team within the Brand and Communications Department.
The Content Specialist is primarily responsible for crafting highly relevant and engaging content in our brand’s distinctive voice and tone for the company’s social media platforms and blog.
Additional responsibilities include ideation and thoughtful copy writing and for a variety of channels and audiences as requested.
- Develops impactful shortform and longform content for multiple channels, including social media, blog, website, digital advertising, brochures, flyers, direct mail, and more.
- Writes compelling copy, strategically tailored to different target audiences such as prospects, residents, investors, community partners and vendors.
- Ensures social media messaging and activities are consistent with the company’s brand and communications strategy while upholding the appropriate brand voice and tone.
- Actively evaluates, identifies and proposes new trends and engagement tactics to optimize social media presence
- Monitors and reports on key social media KPIs, measuring regular content performance and for specific campaigns.
- Actively contributes to team content planning, ensuring all brand social and blog content is reflected on the editorial calendar
- Supports emergency response, crisis, and PR communication needs on social media as requested
- Collaborate with businesses and stakeholders to support various initiatives and content requests
- Collaborates with graphic designers and other members of the team to deliver exceptional branded posts, collateral and other deliverables.
Key Success Factors And Accountability
- Annual double-digit growth across Progress Residential’s social channels
- Improve social sentiment and interactions with audience
- Drive increased and consistent engagement with Progress’s audience, measured through engagement metrics
- Increase organic reach
- Monitor, report, and optimize social performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, or related
- 2-3 years of social media management experience
- Strong portfolio of social media content and campaigns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; writing samples will be required, and a writing assignment may be requested.
- Understanding how to use social media effectively to tell the company’s stories to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to multitask, meeting tight deadlines, and comfortably work under pressure in a fast-paced setting with shifting priorities.
- Knowledge and use of AP style.
- Proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience in web design and content production and working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is a plus.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Must be solutions-oriented.
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Customer-service orientated and excellent diplomacy skills.