The Web Writer and Content Strategist will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing Wesleyan University’s web content strategy.
Working closely with campus partners, digital and design teams, and the content management system, you will ensure that the University’s website maintains a common voice and adheres to brand standards. You will create and revise written content, collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to align content strategies, and ensure content consistency and ADA compliance.
This on-campus position offers the potential for a hybrid (on-campus and remote) schedule after working two full semesters on campus. Please note that hybrid work is only considered for residents of specific states. Relocation assistance to Connecticut is available for those who qualify.
- Develop and implement the web content strategy.
- Serve as the consultative advisor on university website standards and web content strategy.
- Ensure the University website has a consistent voice and adheres to brand standards.
- Write new and revised content based on input from campus partners.
- Collaborate with digital and design teams to produce content under the Wesleyan.edu domain.
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to align content strategies and optimize marketing content.
- Ensure web copy consistency and ADA compliance.
- Drive search traffic and awareness through editorial content and website copy.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in SEO, web content trends, and consumer behavior.
- Utilize communication channels to increase dissemination of university messaging and campaign collateral.
Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in strategic or consultative content writing for the web.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Marketing, or similar discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience setting content strategy and best practices for web layout and searchability/discoverability.
- Expertise in applying SEO strategy to web content writing.
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices on mobile devices and desktop platforms.
- Experience working with web content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with subject matter experts and team members collaboratively.
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to work with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and interacting openly with individuals of different backgrounds.