SelectQuote Insurance Services
SelectQuote, one of the country’s preeminent national insurance brokerages, is searching for a Content Strategist for their digital marketing team. This role will be responsible for the strategy, execution, and governance of inbound marketing content assets for SelectQuote’s major lines of business: Life, Auto and Home, and Senior.
The Content Strategist sits on the SEO and Content Strategy team, working cross-functionally to improve customer engagement and conversion for the SEO channel, in addition to partnering with other marketing channels such as Customer Lifecycle Management, Paid and Organic Social Media, Digital and Emerging Marketing, and Web Development.
This position will also work closely with the Customer Experience team to develop and execute content strategies for both existing and new customers.
This role will conduct audience research, targeting efforts, and craft messaging to help refine the content strategy approach at SelectQuote.The candidate must have a proven track record of improving content visibility and performance.
The candidate must also have strong organizational, prioritization, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience in lead generation and/or insurance services is preferred.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Identify and solve complex problems for various audiences with content
- Information architecture recommendations and sitemap development
- Content inventory, audits, and gap analysis
- Content concepting, curation, mapping, and measurement
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure value, quality, and execution of content strategies for both short- and long-term marketing targets
- Leverage SelectQuote’s voice and style guidelines, audience research, customer personas and user journey information to create useful, useable content
- Support copywriting and review for messaging, brand style, and tone
- Support the continued development of audience research, user journeys, and customer personas
- Maintain editorial calendars, governance model(s), and related documentation
- Manage project requirements, milestones, and delivery
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office is required
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite programs is required
- Knowledge of insurance industry strongly preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in content clarity, creativity, and design (candidate may be asked to provide work samples of content they have created)
- Focus and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Resourceful and autonomous learner with the ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Marketing, Journalism, or a relevant field and at least 4 years of experience in a relevant role
- 2-3 years of content strategy and/or content development experience
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines, research, and measurement
- Have a firm grasp on delivering effective content for target audiences
- Lead generation and/or insurance services experience is preferred
- Nurturing and developing relationships with writers, designers, and creatives, as well as other marketing departments (customer experience, customer care/management, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptable, self-motivated, flexible, team player
- Strong persuasive and sales writing skills; ability to share SelectQuote’s value
- Demonstrated ability to communicate project goals, objectives, and/or status
Benefits: It’s an exciting time to join SelectQuote.
We became a publicly traded company in 2020 with the first 100% virtual IPO (non-biotech) in American history. We have also been recognized nationally on the 2021 Top Workplaces USA list and by the Kansas City Business Journal as a 2020 Best Places to Work honoree.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, and other paid leaves vary based on work location.