As a content strategist, you will use your expertise to shape the content strategy for a diverse range of nonprofit, association, B2B, and B2C websites.
You will work with clients to develop, refine, and execute content plans that drive SEO, accessibility, strong UX, and—most importantly—meet their business and brand objectives. As a member of the content team, you’ll collaborate with strategists, UX designers, and senior content leaders.
Qualities You Bring To The Table
- Creative: you come with imagination, fresh ideas, and crisp copy.
- Strategic: your content strategies help clients meet their goals and get the most out of their new websites.
- Tech-savvy: you are comfortable working with new content platforms/software, and other tools of the trade.
- Well-spoken: you can eloquently present your work to clients and explain the thinking behind your content recommendations.
- Committed: you’re committed to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Curious: you’re constantly seeking out new techniques and approaches to advance your skills.
- Friendly: you enjoy collaborating and work well with others. You embrace constructive criticism and have the judgment to know when and if to incorporate client or internal team feedback.
- Support end-to-end content strategies, including developing content audits, planning, writing, editing/proofreading, and performing content entry.
- Collaborate with clients to ensure content plans align with their goals and deadlines, including managing on-time approvals for website content deliverables.
- Advocate for and incorporate SEO, accessibility, and web writing best practices.
- Ensure consistency in brand voice and adherence to style guides, such as AP Stylebook.
- Utilize content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, and/or Sitecore) to create and manage online content.
- Stay up to date on content technology platforms and AI, helping clients understand why and when to incorporate them into their content processes and workflows.
- Advise on new business content budgets and recommended services, tailored to each prospect or client.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a content strategist or digital writer
- This position can be 100% remote. If you live in the DC metro area, you will be working from the office 2 days a week.
- Proficiency in SEO, accessibility, and web writing best practices
- Ability to bring a range of brand voices to life through your content
- Familiarity with style guides, such as AP Stylebook
- Experience working with content management systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, and/or Sitecore
- Interest in exploring AI technologies and policies for content
- SEMRush experience is a plus
- Strong portfolio showcasing web articles or websites you have worked on in the past that have not been heavily edited by anyone else. You must include writing samples to be considered for this position.
We have a simple motto when it comes to company culture, “Everyone deserves to come to work and be happy.” This means a few things: (1) we care as much about quality as we do about budgets, (2) we find the strengths in each employee and nurture them, (3) we encourage a culture that values innovation and creative freedom, and (4) we want you to have fun while you’re at the office. We may be an agency, but we understand that you have a life outside of work.
In That Spirit, We Offer The Following Benefits
We allow our employees creative freedom. We treat them with respect. We value their opinions.
- Company-sponsored health, vision and dental insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Profit sharing
- 4 weeks of vacation/sick time from day one, 5+ weeks at year 3
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- New business referral bonus
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Pre-tax DC Metro SmartBenefits