Merlin is looking for a Social & Digital Content Strategy Manager who will ideate, produce, and launch cutting edge content that reaches and engages new audiences and delights current guests through record engagement across all Midway North America brands.
The compensation for this opportunity starts at $80K/year (the rate offered may depend on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors.)
In this role, you will:
- Own the editorial social and digital content planning and creation for all Midway North America brands, partnering with social media managers, performance marketing, and local marketing teams to ensure alignment with business objectives and strategy.
- Develop creative concepts and briefs for both agency and internal teams to deliver social-first content that meets KPI’s.
- Own the creative request process; develop creative request submission form, project workflows, and other functions of content production.
- Review content calendars submitted by social media managers, provide feedback, and approve for publishing.
- Copywrite for digital content, ensuring tone of voice consistency and social optimization.
- Research social media trends, always striving to lead content creation on the cutting edge of digital design.
- Be a steward of the brands, ensuring all content is aligned with standards.
- Line manage a team of digital designers, fostering an environment of collaboration and creativity.
- Manage a network of freelance copywriters and designers for project-based work.
- Mentor social editors and social media managers through collaborative work on content calendar planning.
- Analyze content performance against KPI’s and disseminate into reports shared with key partners; pivot content optimize content based on results.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- be a digital media native who lives and breathes social-first content.
- have a proven track record of developing metric-drive social first content and experience working at an editorial publisher or in a more traditional entertainment provider.
- have 5+ years of big brand social media experience.
- have 2+ years of experience managing content production and the development of cutting-edge digital content.
- be a sharp editor with experience as a copywriter or digital designer.
- have experience planning and directing content production from photo/video shoot to design and launch.
- be highly organized and thrive in an environment where you’re managing multiple projects with competing priorities.
- have a demonstrated history of leading, mentoring, and influencing others is preferred.