Copywriter is a key role in the creative department. Copywriters have strong writing and editing capabilities with a background in marketing. They should be curious, detail-oriented and self-motivated. They thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and have something to say.
This is a Hybrid or full-time Remote position. Hybrid if you live in the Central Illinois area, which requires you to be in the Peoria, IL office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Friday.
As a copywriter, my objective is:
To transform clients’ business needs into creative, compelling messages for targeted audiences. I’m also imaginative and work with my team to create great work that stands out.
The outcomes I need to produce for clients are:
- Maintaining complete client confidence in our ability to deliver creative concepts and copy that helps them achieve their goals
- Provide consultive value to clients on how to best articulate their message
- Create work that stands out, breaks through the clutter, and keeps clients coming back for more
The outcomes I need to produce for the agency are:
- Help support the needs of the creative team
- Create successful work that inspires my teammates and clients
- Be a positive team player
To produce these outcomes, I need to:
- Think big, simplify, twist and turn ideas until they come to life as amazing experiences for the intended audience
- Write damn good copy that is thought provoking, grammatically sound and original (we don’t like cliché and overused marketing lingo)
- Create imaginative and strategically relevant multi-channel content, including digital media, traditional media, and videos/commercials
- Make digital experiences more efficient by creating content that gets readers to their intended outcome. Examples include menu headers, buttons, 404 notices, pop-ups, instructions and page headers.
- Be able to understand complex concepts and then communicate them in a simplified manner
- Do your homework…ideas that are not inspired by insights inspire no one
- Be a team player. Copywriters work with almost every role at the agency. Collaborate openly to achieve the best results.
- Present your ideas to internal teams and clients in a way that tells a compelling story
- Work proactively. Balance multiple projects and deadlines without losing your cool.
- Be brilliant as much as possible
The skills and abilities I require are:
- 3+ years of direct job-related experience as a copywriter…agency experience gives you a huge edge. Demonstrate that you are current on industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Ability to vary tone and voice to connect to different audiences and channels
- Attention to detail
- Determination. Stay positive, no matter how many rounds of edits come your way.
- Curiosity and a sense of humor
- Passion about copywriting and pride in delivering quality communications
To produce these outcomes, I have decision-making authority over the following:
- Concepts and proposed direction
- Job and career development
- Daily schedule aligned to project deadlines
Leading indicators of my success are:
- Meeting agency and client deadlines
- Internal team satisfaction
- Client satisfaction
Long-term indicators of my success are:
- Growth in agency knowledge
- Growth in client knowledge
- Increased proficiency in work
- Growth in agency and client relationships
- Creating work that has measured success
Simantel offers an attractive compensation package, which includes competitive salary, 401(k) plan, PTO, flexible work arrangements, holiday pay and a comprehensive benefits program.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage anyone interested to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.