Location: Solon, Ohio
Job Type: Part-Time Contract (16 – 32 hours per month)
Playaway Products revolutionized the business of audiobooks in 2005 with Playaway, a pre-loaded audiobook player. Since then, Playaway Products have expanded into a portfolio of innovative technology solutions that continue to transform the way the world’s best audiobook, app, eBook, and video content is circulated in more than 40,000 libraries, schools, and military installations. With simple and easy-to-use technology at the core of all product development, Playaway’s mission is to make digital content accessible to everyone, promote literacy, and bridge the digital divide.
Playaway Products is a subsidiary of Penguin Random House and headquartered in Solon, Ohio. While we have an office and space for you to come in, we also realize that some people like to work from home. We want you to be comfortable, so if that means you work remotely 100%, or if you like to spice it up and come in from time-to-time, your work environment is up to you!
Playaway Products is looking for a copywriter contractor to collaborate with their sales, creative, and marketing teams to ensure cohesive brand messaging aligns with creative packaging copy, website, and external communications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Edit and revise marketing campaigns email and print.
- Propose compelling copy concepts for tradeshow branding and messaging.
- Assist with social media posts and outreach.
- Prepare copy for presentation decks.
- Update monthly sales materials for existing products.
- Create new product web and content pack descriptions.
- Update existing product materials to speak to the PreK-12 market.
Qualifications & Preferences:
- A strong conceptual thinker to pull in on brainstorms, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Ability to take complex programs, products, concepts and simplify a message for the target audience.
- General business acumen for internal collaboration.
- An interest or passion for literacy and children’s education.
- Expected work schedule during the team’s core business hours.