The Brooklyn Brothers
This copywriter will be a key member of our in-house social creative team to concept and bring to life unexpected, hilarious, and shareworthy content ideas.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated individual who would like to flex their creativity across multiple social channels, while getting hands-on experience for an iconic brand.
Please note, this role is about so much more than writing social copy. From static visuals to snackable videos, to longform entertainment, you will create the original ideas themselves. If you love making stuff, this could be your dream job.
What you’ll do:
- Come up with original content ideas from scratch and help figure out how to bring them to life
- Create entertaining content ideas tailored to each social channel – Twitter, IG, YouTube, etc.
- Create a mix of long-lead, quick turn and real time content
- Collaborate with a team to identify content themes, trends & storytelling opportunities
- Work in different capacities depending on the project – solo, collaboratively with a partner, or with a production team
- Interface directly with client throughout the process, including brainstorming, presentation and feedback
- Balance ideating the next content idea while still executing the last one
- Manage your own timelines to ensure all work is created in a timely manner
- Gain an instinctive understanding of our client’s look, feel, voice and tone
- Stay ahead of the latest trends, interests and passions of our target audiences
- Make us laugh, gasp, screenshot, watch on repeat, and ask “how’d you think of that??”
What you have:
- 0-1+ years’ experience working with a content team – whether at an agency, content studio, or in-house for a brand
- Hands-on experience creating a variety of content types across social channels
- A range of copywriting expertise, from Tweets to memes to scripted video with dialogue
- Strong storytelling skills – especially visual storytelling
- A good eye for art direction & design
- A personal passion for creating social content, and staying on top of social trends / innovative creators
- A deep love of both pop culture and internet culture
- Ability to present and communicate ideas clearly to clients, and take feedback in good spirits
- Reliable spelling and grammar
- A hilarious sense of humor and unique POV
- A childlike sense of wonder and playful imagination
- Experience with kid-/family-friendly brands
- Experience in creating earned-led activations and advertising campaigns a plus
Salary range: $40,000-55,000