OluKai is looking for a Creative Copywriter for its Marketing Creative Department located in Irvine, CA.
The Copywriter is responsible for maintaining the brand’s voice across all written touch points, including concepting campaign story lines copy needs across all mediums including web, social, online advertising, consumer catalog, advertising, and trade collateral.
The Copywriter is responsible for maintaining seasonally approved copy assets as well as managing the distribution of those assets across internal marketing functions as well as externally to retail partners, ensuring OluKai’s voice stays authentic and consistent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the creative and marketing teams to establish the copy asset needs across season and campaign. Work directly with creative to execute established communication tactics, such as advertisements or catalog narratives. Overall be the direct point person for all brand copy from concept to execution. Maintain a set of standard copy assets per season, or campaign to be used throughout the marketing department.
- Audit and write or edit all consumer facing website copy for landing, PDP and blog pages. Write all copy for email blasts as well as online advertising. Understand the challenge of bridging brand story with technical copy needs (SEO).
- Write copy as needed for all marketing collateral needs from social media, event posters/brochures, consumer/trade collateral, presentations/PowerPoints. Help with internal copy needs for press releases, staff meetings, etc as needed.
- Establish a quality driven proofing process, to ensure all copy published by the brand is compelling, accurate and culturally accurate. Enlist the support of internal/external resources to ensure success.
- Pair with Art Directors and graphic designers to concept and execute the narrative of several product campaigns and direct mail catalogs each year.
- Assist in the research of relevant lifestyle stories or potential ambassador relationships to help bring to life content for the brand.
- Conduct interviews with campaign characters to be used in blogs, catalog editorial, and video pieces.
- Collaborate with Hawaiian language experts to ensure the brand’s use of language, phonetic pronunciation and diacritics is accurate and culturally respectful.
- Establish streamlined management tools and performance KPI’s to efficiently manage event execution and drive new customer acquisition and retention. Continually improve the effectiveness events through regular KPI review and project debriefings.
- Scale up copy resources when necessary, research/recruit 3rd party copywriters and manage their deliverables as needed.
- Help research vendors, photo shoot locations, product technical stories or any essential research need for the marketing, direct-to-consumer departments.
- Bachelor’s degree required – BA/BS degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, or other related discipline a plus.
- This position requires solid experience in brand copy writing. 2-5 years of related professional experience, agency or client-side, preferably working with consumer lifestyle brands, footwear or apparel experience. A passion for Ocean Lifestyle and premium branding is a must.
- Must be extremely creative and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects, pivot when priorities change and always bring a positive attitude everyday.
- Thorough knowledge of general writing rules/grammar, branding, product launch planning, marketing collateral development and social media communication.
- Able to organize multiple tasks and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget. Strong organizational skills expected as well as project planning abilities, timeline management & interpersonal skills. Able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and International locations, some weekend travel and evening meetings.
- Demonstrate a passion for product and brand building.
- Team player and collaborative mindset
Benefits and Perks:
- The annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000 plus opportunity for annual bonus; salary is based on the experience that you bring to the position
- Complimentary (and amazing) chef prepared breakfast and lunch provided Monday – Thursday. Includes vegetarian options
- Generous product gift program and all brand discounts
- Growth opportunities within the Archipelago family of brands OluKai Kaenon Melin and Roark
- Company bonus program
- 5 year and 10 year Anniversary gifts to Hawaii and other desirable destinations
- In-office gym and yoga classes
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance in accordance with plan guidelines
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with employer match in accordance with plan guidelines
- 15 Days of PTO plus one additional day of PTO every year on your anniversary and 3 Floating Holidays per year
- Paid beach and giveback days, bi annual team building events and other in person celebrations
- Work with talented and great people who share a love of the ocean lifestyle
- Dog friendly office
This is an in office position minimum of 3 days per week in Irvine CA, this hybrid work schedule is subject to change without notice as per company guidelines