Kaiva Tech, LLC is seeking a Digital Specialist and Content Writer in the National Capital Region.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
As the Digital Specialist and Content Writer your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The position serves as a digital outreach specialist with the responsibility for creating materials across the full range of emergency preparedness topics which communicate the Office of Emergency Management’s programs and policies.
- Efforts include producing content for digital platforms, ensuring quality control, helping to support OEM outreach events, presentations, webinars, and management of designated SharePoint sites.
- Must be able to understand the full spectrum of emergency preparedness topics, issues, and priorities.
- Advise Team Lead on digital strategy, opportunities within the digital landscape, and the Division to effectively communicate therein.
- Develop emergency preparedness products, activities, and events that engage Department employees by providing valuable emergency planning and preparedness information in a hybrid work environment.
- Prepare and design publications to help ensure PPD provides timely and appropriate domestic notification and emergency preparedness guidance to Department domestic offices.
- Collaborate with PPD teams and appropriate emergency preparedness authorities to create digital information and awareness to disseminate emergency preparedness information through the Department’s domestic footprint.
- Implement new, innovative approaches to delivering and enhancing the domestic preparedness culture in the virtual environment.
- Enable PPD to effectively amplify, expand, and reinforce emergency preparedness awareness messages through the strategic use of digital and new media technologies.
- Analyze and discuss topics and work closely with other PPD teams to advise functional and regional bureaus and offices in the most effective way to distribute messages to targeted audiences.
- Ensure that content is current, accurate and accessible, support “Plain Language” by reviewing documents and postings to ensure clarity and reduce ambiguity.
- Ensure that relevant and evolving laws, regulations, and guidelines are followed, and that all material posted is compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, privacy laws, and other website conventions.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of Outreach Team efforts including site visits to Department facilities to facilitate training and the distribution of emergency preparedness information.
- Ensure editorial integrity, accuracy and reliability of emergency preparedness information posted to the Department’s official public-facing ePrepare site, including OEM’s SharePoint.
- Assist in coordinating with relevant emergency preparedness authorities to ensure OEM’s official websites are updated before and after a disaster or emergency to ensure audiences have swift access to current emergency preparedness information.
- Advise the Team Lead of new and emerging information dissemination technologies that support bureau and Department goals of informing Department employees on emergency preparedness information.
Required Experience And Skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and present information in a compelling and meaningful manner for different audiences using a variety of communication platforms.
- Experience working on behavior change communication campaigns.
- Expert writing skills and ability to write under pressure with short deadlines.
- Expert knowledge of emergency management preparedness and response planning methodologies and the planning lifecycle necessary to develop plans and programs to help mobilize personnel, equipment, and facilities for responses to a variety of emergency management initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods and procedures to conduct in-depth research, evaluate alternatives, and develop analysis of homeland security and national emergency management policies/regulation to facilitate decision-making and propose new approaches to carrying out program initiatives.
- Expert knowledge to develop, critically review, coordinate, and synchronize Departmental and interagency plans and strategies with other domestic Department strategy plans.
- Expert project management skills to develop and manage key project management elements.
- Expert knowledge of general emergency management concepts
- Knowledge of national level policy, including the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act of 2006; Executive Order (E.O.) 12656, Assignment of Emergency Preparedness Responsibilities; National Exercise Program; National Security Presidential Memoranda; and the National Preparedness System.
- Prior emergency management experience preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, coordinate activities in multiple locations, act decisively in daily work, and work well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ability to create and edit documents, reports, and products that conform to the standardized styles and guidelines.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of relevant experience.