Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
The Library and Archives at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a part-time Grant and Web Content Writer to contribute to fundraising and Library and Archives programs -building in a unique environment combining science, history, and education.
The Grant and Web Content Writer will be part of a team that includes archivists, historians, science informationists, and the executive director of the Library and Archives. Previous funding in this department has come from NEH, NIH, NSF, and philanthropic organizations in the USA and abroad.
- Manage the preparation of grant applications to federal, state, and private funding bodies on topics related to the history of science, women in science, scientific data and contribute to the content on the library and archives webpages.
- Work with colleagues to shape the vision for future archives projects, scholarly initiatives, and outreach activities (through the CSHL Center for Humanities & History of Modern Biology).
- Research and identify promising avenues for funding new and ongoing programs.
- Take the lead in writing letters of inquiry and proposal drafts.
- Incorporate contributions from other team members into final proposal submissions.
- Review and editing of content across the library and archives web site as well as future content writing.
- Edit and proofread proposals and attachments prior to submission.
- Masters of Advanced degree in history of science, the life sciences, or another relevant field.
- 1-2 years related work experience, including familiarity with grant writing, proposal writing and/or editing.
- Proven expertise in grant writing for federal, state, city and foundation grants preferably in history of science or life sciences fields.
- Deadline-driven with strong editing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Strong writing and research skills, and the ability to quickly build expertise on new subjects