Wavemaker positively provokes growth for clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content, and technology. Our name is both our mission and our method. We do our best work for brave brands and people who relish being challenged to go further and faster, together.
Role Summary & Impact
As a Manager of Content, you will translate content strategy into content programs and be responsible for flawless execution of the program. Responsible for the day-to-day needs relating to content partnerships, you will lead conversations with partners and clients throughout the execution process. You will work closely with the Content Director and Account team to support them in developing strategies, and ensure content programs plug into the integrated marketing approach and process.
- Develop tactical content recommendations that advance our client’s business objectives and marketing strategies,
- Meet and evaluate external suppliers around content & work with colleagues and trading team to develop a partnership with the best suppliers.
- Negotiate partnership deals that deliver the most value to clients.
- Lead structured brainstorms that generate original ideas that can inform the RFP process.
- Serve as project manager for content partnerships, ensuring all parties are accountable for meeting deadlines and delivering within approved plan parameters.
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments (e.g. planning, investment, data sciences) to ensure content partnerships are an interconnected part of the media plan.
- Supervise the content creation process, including providing clear input on key deliverables such as storyboards and content rough cuts, as well as attending production shoots to ensure content produced delivers on strategy.
- Write client presentations, briefs, pitches, and POVs.
- Cultivate client relationships, demonstrating a keen understanding of their business and how content fits within it.
- Develop junior team members foundational understanding of content and client services.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications; OR equivalent professional work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the role of content, and managing clients on content briefs.
- Working knowledge of content development process, production and distribution.
- Experience in launching content partnerships, the media partner landscape, and digital strategy.
- Proactive, a team player, demonstrates leadership and has a genuine curiosity about digital and marketing,
- Proven experience in building strong client relationships.
- Flair for presenting creative ideas.
- Up-to-date on the latest news and emerging trends in the field of applied technologies.