We need an experienced marketing copywriter to help us drive an industry-leading customer experience across multiple digital marketing channels.
Experience writing for the small to medium business audience is essential. In this role, your day will revolve around creating engaging messaging, product descriptions, and direct email.
Flexibility is critical for success because we work in a fast-paced market that requires high-volume output and quick turnarounds.
We’re looking for a candidate who is creative, innovative, and able to adapt easily to rapid changes in customer preferences. We’re a small team, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment.
In this role, you’ll play a significant part in the direction, design, and implementation of the U.S. email program that drives traffic to Client’s eCommerce store. Writing for the email team requires the ability to make data-driven marketing decisions that improve engagement, conversion, revenue, and retention for our consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) customers.
Copywriter responsibilities and duties
- Design and deliver interactive/eCommerce experiences, primarily focused on email marketing, that result in significant and measurable improvements in conversion, revenue, and customer retention for the U.S. Client.com store.
- Work with Client.com store business teams to develop and drive creative strategies, content (design and copywriting), and direction to meet business objectives.
- Partner with email program managers to support marketing activities and ensure consistency among multiple email programs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop multiple options for innovative, creative solutions.
- Execute content, layout, and copy development of email marketing campaigns, ensuring all content is accurately represented and properly vetted before presentation of creative concepts.
- Stay on top of the latest research and industry trends in the ever-evolving realm of digital marketing.
- Provide expertise to functional project teams and sometimes participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders.
Copywriter qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or communications
- Experience producing copy for digital, print, and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Communicator, and Outlook
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a bonus.
- Exceptional skill with the nuances of email marketing, including the creation of subject lines and pre-headers, as well as some experience with data analytics
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts is preferred.