We are currently seeking a Principal Associate Content Strategist to join our team.
We are passionate about crafting effective customer conversations and shaping the direction of our user experience by giving content a voice in the design process.
The Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers’ digital and physical experiences.
We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you’re an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we would love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be asked to handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
Collaboration & Connection
- Collaborating with technology, product, and business teams to uncover customer and business needs – then translating them into intuitive and engaging digital experiences
- Participating in translating complex ideas into understandable concepts that evolve and enhance the product experience
- Advocating for the customer through human-centered design methods, ensuring our products speak their language
- Championing design-centered approaches grounded in product research and analysis, and always representing the perspective of content strategy
- Working with partners and teams across various geographies
- Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset – this is as important to the work as the results
- Participating in hiring by reviewing resumes, conducting interviews and attending consensus
Discovery & Delivery
- Working with the research team to understand customer needs and define what information is needed throughout the user experience through usability and empathy studies
- Framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/practices to serve customer needs
- Creating new content experiences, and guiding others in the process
- Ensuring all content is clear, easy to understand, and written in natural language
- Adhering to compliance requirements using natural language and content standards
- Facilitating and participating in workshops with internal and external stakeholders to align with business needs
- Collaborating with other writers, UX designers, and visual designers to contribute to our internal design system, content strategy community of practice, best practices, and guidelines
- At least 4 years of experience with journalism, content creation, editorial, or information architecture disciplines
- Experience with content creation for cross channel experiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design or related field
- Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
- Familiarity with working in an established design system
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.