EnergySage is looking for a Consumer Content Writer with experience in clean, renewable energy, energy efficiency or energy policy to join our team in Boston, MA.
The ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience creating engaging, informative, well-researched, and consumer-focused web content in the clean energy industry or adjacent verticals like energy efficiency, home improvement, and home appliances. This person should have strong knowledge and interest in the clean energy industry, including solar energy. The Consumer Content Writer is a critical member of the EnergySage Marketing department and reports to the Director of Content and Consumer Education.
What You’ll Do:
- Educate consumers about clean energy and energy efficiency topics, helping them accelerate transformation of their homes and lives to cleaner, most cost-effective energy solutions.
- Develop original consumer-facing content for web (blogs, articles, videos, email) and improve/optimize existing content that educates, engages, and delights readers, and stands out in SEO.
- Cover a wide range of clean energy and energy efficiency topics, including solar, heating and cooling, home energy storage, electric vehicles and charging, smart homes, policy, and more.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify and stay ahead of clean energy industry trends and collect information for content. Research includes interviewing key industry stakeholders, industry reports and data, etc.
- Develop compelling, objective and accurate content for all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Further establish EnergySage as the destination site for customers researching and shopping for solar, storage, heat pumps, EV’s, and more.
- Understand and help execute the brand’s long-term goals and strategies.
- Help refine and implement the unique EnergySage brand voice.
- Publish content via common Content Management Systems, including WordPress, HubSpot, and others.
- Peer-edit content from other members of the content marketing team.
What We Look For:
- Excellent written communication skills across multiple digital mediums, including the ability to tailor content to the audience, medium, and user journey.
- Clean energy expertise, including solar
- Intellectual curiosity
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to develop deep category expertise and bring it to life for consumers.
- Ability to research and understand complex subjects and synthesize information into easy-to-understand content and reports
- Demonstrated ability to analyze industry data.
- Demonstrated ability to present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Understanding and experience in content marketing, including for blogs, articles, email, and video.
- 7+ years of experience with professional writing for web
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with industry influencers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job – but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.