As a Senior Content Writer at Milepost, you should excel at developing effective messaging strategies and writing engaging short and long-form copy for our diverse clients as well as the Milepost brand. This includes developing the messaging for brand positioning, marketing collateral, presentations, video scripts, reports, social media, websites, and more.
In this role, you will build expertise around industry topics and be able to communicate technical information in an easy-to-understand manner that captures the target audience’s interest and curiosity.
Our Senior Content Writer must be:
- Able to turn rough ideas, copy, and interviews with subject matter experts into accurate and compelling long- and short-form content.
- Able to clearly communicate ideas to a person, team, agency, or client.
- A results-driven self-starter who embraces challenges and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Naturally curious, innovative, entrepreneurial, and unafraid to bring fresh, creative ideas to the table.
- Flexible, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented.
- Completing writing projects, meeting deadlines, and following content requirements in terms of style, voice, and project specifications.
- Understanding the target audience for a communications effort and developing effective messaging strategies to engage them.
- Revising content according to feedback from clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Helping create style guides to ensure content is consistent and clear.
- Working with clients to define their content needs.
- Identifying gaps in content and recommending ways to fill those gaps.
- Editing content to ensure voice, grammar, and style are on point, and that the messages are concise.
- Involved in all phases of writing from creating the first draft to editing, polish, and final QC.
- Staying up to date on industry trends to support content development.
- Working closely with project partners to ensure alignment and consistency in messaging, branding, and style.
- Working closely with internal and external design teams on messaging hierarchy, and to ensure designed content is accurately represented and easily understood.
- Facilitating effective communication between clients and their stakeholders (internal and external), including strategic presentation and pitch development.
- Expert storyteller with proven multi-channel copywriting expertise – able to cater tone and voice to various brand standards.
- Expert communication skills – able to clearly communicate vision, goals, objectives, strategic direction, and business cases verbally and in writing.
- Talented messaging strategist across diverse mediums.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships across client departments and levels and collaborate effectively with others.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Time management – able to manage multiple shifting timelines, meet deadlines under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Able to maintain professionalism regarding feedback, schedules, deadlines, budgets, and work processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in communications, journalism, writing, marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in content writing, with a portfolio showcasing a diverse range of writing styles and formats.
- 5+ years of experience in creative writing within a business environment.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Experience in the utility or energy sector preferred.
- Successful candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and complete a short writing assessment.
- Milepost will not accept phone calls or direct contact to individuals about this position.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.