Ann Taylor | LOFT
The Senior Copywriter is responsible for the development and implementation of creative, seasonal and promotional copy.
The Copywriter understands the brand positioning and voice to be able to express each season’s important fashion/cultural trends in a compelling, original, accessible way to keep LOFT’s consumer-facing communication fun-loving, supportive and inspiring.
The Senior Copywriter understands how to leverage consumer insights and seasonal mindset while also working at a fast pace to address needs as they come up. They also understand how to adapt voice based on channel (e.g. social, email, paid media, etc.) and audience-type (e.g. acquisition, retention, reactivation, etc.) while still being brand appropriate.
The right candidate understands the balance of communicating the brand’s values and promoting brand awareness, while understanding the importance of supporting the business through driving traffic and sales to our stores and website.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Demonstrate expertise translating brand and marketing strategy into compelling copy
- Ensure consistency and adherence to LOFT copy standards; Maintain high standards for writing and proofreading
- Continually evolve our overall best practices and writing processes to achieve a high level of efficiency and proficiency
- Effectively manage production workflow
- Write informative, brand-right descriptions and compelling marketing copy across channels and categories
- Use a variety of writing styles to engage diverse audiences across both print and digital
- Work under tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail, as well as with a holistic vision
- Partner with cross-functional teams and other members of the Creative team to craft inspiring, on-brand content across all categories and channels
- Collaborate with design partners to work conceptually from beginning stages to final execution
- Expert knowledge of promotionally driven messaging through effective direct response engagement best practices
- Stay on top of best practices and trends with other brands and retailers, specifically but not limited to, customer relationship marketing tactics and trends
- Confidently express point of view regarding the direction of copy and advertising
Experience And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism, communications or advertising
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience copywriting in advertising, direct marketing or publishing
- Background in fashion ecommerce/editorial; extensive working knowledge of current trends, style, culture and language of fashion world
- Creative work portfolio
- Ability to think strategically about interactive design, advertising, media and audience
- Strong conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics and typography
- Experience in developing direct response concepts, email marketing, and direct mail
- Ability to work independently as well as partner with others and work well within a team
- Flexible and willing to pitch in; Ability to multitask, adapt and re-prioritize while thinking creatively under tight deadlines
- Superb organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial spirit; Positive attitude (and a sense of humor)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; Excellent editing and proofreading skills; Ability to self-edit and sense-check text
- Online and Social Media fluency (ecommerce, websites, blogs, Instagram etc.) with curiosity to learn more
- Working knowledge of Macs, proficiency with Word, experience with database tools, knowledge of Internet technology
The target salary for this role is: $70k-$82k
Actual compensation within that range is influenced by a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, level of experience, and other job-related factors.