Paula’s Choice Skincare
Through thoughtful, compelling, and at-times disruptive copy, the Senior Copywriter will live on the frontlines of all Paula’s Choice Skincare marketing communications, helping to develop and lead our marketing initiatives and driving sales.
Responsible for conceptualization and execution of creative copy solutions for overarching brand campaigns, DTC initiatives, wholesale collateral, and video content.
As a Senior Copywriter a typical day may include a mix of the following:
- Partner with creative leads, cross-functional business owners and stakeholders on high level concepting relating to brand campaigns, development of brand voice, and strategic approaches to marketing that elevate the brand and engage the customer.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the ideation and execution of marketing content and concepts that will drive strategic business goals.
- Create clear, direct copy and translate the benefits of each product to help us drive revenue
- Work with internal business partners to better understand processes and strategies to uncover opportunities to streamline workflow.
- Understand our customer and tailor messages (per cross functional team) that appeal to them
- Concept and implement omni-channel language that resonates with our customer across channels and functions/needs.
- Helps write & concept UGC-generated CTVs with videographer.
- Supports Copy Manager with Visual Merchandising tasks: gondola copy, in-store signage, etc.
- Be a student of retail, offer insights on current retail landscape and competitor set.
- Research, understand & actively seek out beauty trends and be able to act on findings.
- Partner with the Paula’s Choice in-house legal department as required.
- Partner with Content and Education teams to ensure copy aligns across fundamental principles relating to product categories and specifics.
- Proofread & edits all work for ingredient accuracy and channel alignment.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently – Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, work within a team environment and company culture, and triage projects based on priority.
- Present to key stakeholders as needed.
- Other copywriting work as assigned.
- Location: Remote, U.S. Based Role. Downtown Seattle office available for local candidates.
- Hours: Typical business hours
- Physical requirements: Ability to handle both sitting and screen time for long periods of time
- Travel requirements: Less than 20%.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Ability to iterate swiftly and juggle multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Work with graphic designers to ensure creative work is cohesive, effective and on-brand
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, work within a team environment and actively pursue solutions to get projects done efficiently & effectively
- Best practices around online marketing copy.
- Particularly email, paid search, online display advertising, and SEO including keyword research
- Creative brainstorming: concept, campaigns, promotions and naming
- Student of retail, specifically in beauty space & willingness to learn
- 5+ years of brand copywriting experience in all mixed media formats (flat and video).
- E-commerce and beauty experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Online portfolio demonstrating your best campaign work across various platforms
- Must be Mac-proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
Approximate Salary Range: $90,000 – $100,000 USD/annually