We’re big on words. Words empower and steward the integrous translation of science that forms the foundation of our brand. Writer and storyteller at heart, you create magic in the permutation of 26 letters, a handful of punctuation, and occasional, cleverly-placed emojis.
You think in long form and short form and rap verses and poetry and everything in between and understand it’s about speaking to people in the way they want to be spoken to. You get to the heart of a message in the fewest number of characters and thrive in the crafting of phrases that catalyze action. Words are powerful; you know exactly when and how to be subversive and provocative versus nurturing and expansive.
You thrive in memes, haikus, hashtags, puns, metaphors, and analogies—word play is your superpower. When we say TED meets Vox meets Carl Sagan meets VICE, you know what we mean.And you are curious.
Pushing boundaries and buttons is your thing and you demand a new way to counterprogram against the noise empowered by a combination of creative intuition and hard data (especially when it comes to science, health, and wellness).
You’re excited and inspired by the prospect of waking up every day with the mission to make science accessible and cool (while also fully understanding the importance of integrity and the nuance of precision). You are inspired to crack empowerment through education and turn clickbait into meaning.
You have told a lot of stories, written a lot of taglines, headlines, captions, subject lines, paid ad scripts, and ux copy, and you’re ready for something that satisfies and expands and peeks your intellect, your soul, and of course, your microbiome.
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience in copywriting for paid and organic channels (especially if in a science / health / wellness DTC space)
- Multi-channel, multi-tasking, multi-disciplinary—experience across campaign, social, packaging, web, and email, a plus
- Synthesis of disparate ideas to create analogies, metaphors, and other narrative devices to communicate science and inspire a community
- Fascinated by working closely with data and insights to drive performance improvements through copy iteration and testing
- Extraordinary crafter of beautiful language across ads, growth and retention emails, web and digital product
- Experience working and synthesizing closely with designers to shepherd an asset through approval and production
- A chameleon that takes to brand identity and voice as it flexes across needs, from high-converting acquisition copy to clarifying user experience copy
- Relentlessly iterative and comfortable with the editing process––a lot of darlings will end up on the cutting room floor and you know how to rework and revise swiftly
- Able to quickly pivot and prioritize to drive (and write) for maximum efficiency and impact
- Experience working with regulatory and compliance for communication a plus
- You noticed the misused homophone in this job description and it bothered you deeply
What You’ll Do
- Respond to briefs and utilize data insights from Channel Managers to craft copy
- Partner with Growth, Retention, and Digital Product channel owners to craft messaging for channels driving new customer acquisition and member retention
- Iterate on previous creative deliverables to optimize performance.
- Connect the dots (in words) between lifecycle marketing, performance marketing, product, and brand to ensure a cohesive user experience
- Bridge the gap across brand, product marketing, copy compliance, and growth marketing
The annual pay range for this full-time position is $110k-$140k + equity + benefits across all US locations (this position is 100% remote-US).
Our pay ranges are guided by discipline, level and experience required. Within the range, individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including: your specific location, desired skills/ technical competency, relevant experience and advanced education/ training.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Mental Wellness, EAP, Wellness Stipend + 401(k) match.